HitmanPro 3.7.9 build 214 Bèta
This release is about fixing a few problems and greatly improving support for various web browsers. Specifically detection and removing malware and Potential Unwanted Programs (PUPs) as been improved. SQLite and JSON parsers were added to HitmanPro to fully support Google Chrome and Firefox for precise removal of compromised start page, search engines, extensions and plugins.
We also added initial integration support for HitmanPro.Alert version 3, watch this thread
Lastly, we changed the EULA regarding the conditions for use of the 30 day free license. Over the past months HitmanPro has been increasingly used by support organization that use HitmanPro as part of their PAID service. This is no longer allowed. These organisations should use incident licenses
. Support organizations that offer their services for FREE may continue to use the 30 day free license that is embedded in HitmanPro. Please read the EULA for the exact wordings.
Of course, scanning with HitmanPro is always free. Only removal requires a free or paid license.
- ADDED: Detection for compromised Start Page en Search Engines in Google Chrome
- ADDED: Initial support for HitmanPro.Alert 3 integration
- FIXED: Application termination during Remnant scan
- FIXED: Scan stuck at 99% classification caused by a malformed Firefox prefs.js
- IMPROVED: Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) scanner for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
- IMPROVED: Google Chrome now automatically closes gracefully when deleting cookies
- IMPROVED: Removal of malware hijacking web browser shortcuts
- IMPROVED: Detection of profile location of Firefox
- IMPROVED: Windows Task Scheduler 2.0 support
- IMPROVED: Auto resizing display resolution when screen is smaller than 800x600
- CHANGED: Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) are now default set to Delete (was previously set to Ignore). This due to overwhelming number of helpdesk questions.
- UPDATED: End User License Agreement 1.2. Conditions for use of the Free License have changed.